Welcome to Watts & Co
The idea for Watts & Co was born in 2009 around a very simple idea "Offer both tenants and landlords a letting agency that values customer service above all else and offers a customer experience not available with any other letting agency"
Founded by Sam Watterson who at the time was a part time landlord with a small portfolio of properties and couldn't find and letting agent that offered a service he could use. His first buy to let property was self-let by himself before even the agent he'd instructed had taken a set of photographs.
3 years and several properties later his realization was that renting properties was not black and white and all the lettings professionals in Leeds were either tagged on the back off an estate agency, only dealt with one type of house or one geographical area.
With a degree in Business IT from the then Leeds Metropolitan University, he also identified the increasing role the internet was having in lettings. With the wider use of high speed internet, wi-fi technology and the emergence of smart phones he knew there were opportunities to do things differently, to be better and offer a more flexible service for landlord like him
The following founding principles remain the backbone of the business today:
- Answer the phone like your life depends on it,
- Take professional standard photographs,
- Advertise properties quickly,
- Use a mobile number so people can text,
- Arrange viewings outside of office hours,
- A viewing should be completed no more than 48 hours after it's arranged,
- Return all missed calls and respond to all enquiries.
- Let any type of property in any area of the city to truly offer a one-agency solution for a landlord with multiple properties.
Watts & Co has evolved since the early days and continues to evolve as we grow. We combine the maximum advertising presence and flexibility of being an online agency with the exposure and footfall of having such a prominent high street shop on one of the UK's busiest roads.
We've taken a new and dynamic online agency model and merged it with a traditional high street approach to offer a truly unique proposition that can cover any type of house in any area.