Buying a Property with Watts & Co
Buying a property for the first time or as an accustomed purchaser of property can be a complicated process.
It's important that you work with an estate agent that knows your local area and that you can trust as this makes all the difference to your home buying experience.
At Watts & Co we know your local area, so we are well placed to help your buying process go as smoothly as possible and we can help you with every aspect of the buying process. Here is our 6 Step Buying guide
Step One of Buying a Property - Can I Afford the property?
Buying a property is a major financial commitment, the first step is to get some good financial advice about Mortgages, Deposit needed and cost of purchasing the property such as stamp duty, Solicitors and other purchasing costs.
Step Two - Research the area and the properties in your budget
Finding the ideal property can be difficult at times, set a list of things that are most important to you such as number of Bedrooms, Parking, Garden etc. and make sure the list is achievable within your budget. Area of the property, which areas will you considered make a list, keep your options open as much as possible to make sure you don't miss out on that perfect property. Make sure you register with the agents selling in your area, so you can keep up to date with new properties coming to the market - use Rightmove & Zoopla alert to get updates.
Step Three - Getting the most out of your viewings
Do your research about the property; ask the agent about the property, look at the property floor plan - does the layout work for you. Download the property brochure to gain more information. The more informed you are about the property the more you are prepared on the viewing and this can save you time when looking at properties coming to market - use Rightmove & Zoopla alert to get updates.
Step Four- Making an Offer
Once you have found the right property for you its time to make an offer. Make sure you are in the best position possible such as pre-arranged mortgage or sold your property. Know your ceiling price of what you can afford and don't go above that. All offers on properties should be made subject to contract and satisfactory survey
Step Five - Offer Accepted
Once your offer has been accepted the vendor should take the property off the market. You will now need to instruct a suitable solicitor to act for you in the purchases of your property and also instruct your mortgage lender of your purchase so they can arrange a survey on the property without delay. Be prepared as the average property sale now takes between 8-12 weeks.
Step Six - Moving Day
Once contracts have been exchanged and a completion day has been set, start preparing for the day by arranging removal companies, packing up boxes, prepare for changing over with Gas/Electricity /Water/Cable TV/Phone companies. Redirect the mail to your new address, making sure the property is insured.
Why Register with Watts & Co
- Register with any of our branches - Our specialised computer systems are inter-linked with all our branches to be able to match you to properties in your property requirement area.
- Instant Email matching service - Our systems are designed to match you instantly to any property matching your requirement and once registered be the first to receive new properties to the market.
- Instant Text Message - We have our instant text message service, which will instantly alert you to all new properties that match your requirement that have just come live with us.
- Sales Brochures - All our sales brochures are informative and attractive with detailed information on the property, up to date pictures, EPC chart and Floor plans with measurement for all properties.
- INTERLINKED PHONE SYSTEM ACROSS ALL BRANCHES TO MINIMISE MISSED CALLS
- Accompanied viewing services DURING and out of office hours
- Highly trained staff that ARE REQUIRED TO KNOW EACH PROPERTY INSIDE OUT BEFORE THE COMPLETE VIEWINGS.