Watts & Co Property was founded on the back of finding individual tenants for rooms in house shares using a spare bedroom as an office.
With 8 years experience we have been letting out rooms since before it became as popular as it is today.
In the present day Watts & Co continue to let rooms all year round to both students and professionals, we generally keep the two apart as it makes for a more harmonious house and stable tenancy.
Most of the houses we have as house shares come with the bills included in the rent and some houses even get a regular cleaner visiting.
One of the things we are always mindful of that the tenants will be sharing with people they have never met before, we try as hard as possible to keep the housemates of a similar age, background and occupation.
With this in mind we have a series of guidelines for all our house shares. Potential and existing tenants can refer to these guidelines and all new tenants are required to reads through them when they take the property.
Guidelines and house rules.
- You must keep your room clean and tidy and free from food waste at all times.
- All tenants must take equal responsibility for keeping communal areas clean and tidy. This involves the cleaning the windows, wiping skirting boards, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning behind furniture, cleaning the inside of the oven and fridge etc.
- Do not use other tenants’ things without permission.
- If bills are shared you must contribute equally to them each month.
- If any items in communal areas are damaged they must be reported straight away. If no one takes responsibility for the damage all housemates will be responsible for the cost of replacing the item.
- To prevent further damage, all minor repairs need to be reported immediately following the maintenance procedure.
- If there is a viewing on an empty room it is the tenants' responsibility to make sure the house is very clean and tidy for this.
- Post from previous tenants is not our responsibility, please write, "not know at this address" and put it back in the post.
Security and Safety
- If there are gates on the doors you must lock these at all time, whether you are in the house or not.
- If there is a lock on your bedroom door make sure you lock these when you leave it.
- Make sure all windows are locked, both downstairs and upstairs.
- Do not leave valuable possessions in sight from the window.
- If you are leaving the premises empty please put on the alarm.
- Do not invite unknown persons into the house.
- If these security procedures are not followed and the house is broken into or vandalised, we will consider this negligence and deduct costs from deposits.
- Redecoration anywhere in the house is not permitted without prior consent
- No holes must be drilled into walls for the hanging of pictures, erection of shelves etc without prior consent.
- Blue-tac is not permitted for use anywhere in the house
- Any damage done to the decor of the rooms or house will need to be rectified before leaving or the cost will be deducted from the deposits
Tenants are expected to act in a courteous and respectful way to other tenants at all times, this includes:
- No aggressive or threatening behaviour.
- Playing loud music
- Creating noise at anti social times
- Smoking of tobacco or cannabis
- No drug use
- We populate our houses with mature adults and expect all disagreements to be handled this way, if things cannot be settled amicably then please follow the 'raising an issue procedure'.
- We will NOT tolerate any form of discrimination; any evidence of this will result in notice being served.
- All external areas should be kept free of litter and other domestic waste.
- By law neighbours should not be able to hear noise coming from the house after 11pm as this is classed as a nuisance.
- Neighbours should be dealt with courteously and any issues with them regarding noise or environmental hazards should be reported to the relevant council department.
All Watts & Co Properties are strictly no smoking, if you wish to smoke then please do so outside and dispose of all the butt's in a suitable manner, it is not acceptable for us to conduct a viewing and there be a collection of butts outside the front door.
If we are required to clean any areas of smoking debris then the cost of this will be recovered from the tenant's deposits.
At the end of a tenancy should smoking have been conducted we reserve the right to have the property professionally cleaned including the carpets, curtains and upholstery as well as any nicotine stained areas being re-painted.
For more information about our maintenance, management and rent payment please follow the links below: